Clear Customs Training
Continued uncertainty around Brexit has highlighted the importance of capacity-building in the customs intermediary sector and boosting ‘in house’ customs capacity amongst business that are regularly trading with the UK.
Delays at customs can result in disruption to both business and customers. For the customs intermediary sector, and other businesses, taking steps now to train key staff on how to effectively complete a customs declaration through Revenue’s Automated Entry Processing (AEP) system helps pre-empt Brexit related customs challenges.
Supported by Getting Ireland Brexit Ready, the Clear Customs training programme, funded by Skillnet Ireland and delivered by CILT Skillnet, offers immediate and free customs training to Customs intermediaries, and to businesses who frequently trade with or through the UK.
What Skills Will I Learn?
- The capability to complete import/export declarations via Customs Clearance Software
- The documentation requirements of the exporter/importer and an understanding where these fit within the customs clearance chain
- Develop an understanding of transit procedures (for using UK as Third Country land bridge)
- Learn about valuation and its relevance for completing customs declarations
- Develop knowledge of origin and its relevance for completing customs declarations
- Learn about the specific procedures unique to individual sectors
Availability of places
The demand we have received for this training initiative has been vast. We are currently running courses across the country but all are fully booked. At this time we are working on making more courses available and once you have registered your Expression of Interest here we will come back to you as and when we are able to offer more options. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.