Clear Customs Training
Continued uncertainty around Brexit has highlighted the importance of capacity-building in the customs intermediary sector and boosting ‘in house’ customs capacity amongst business that are regularly trading with the UK.
Delays at customs can result in disruption to both business and customers. For the customs intermediary sector, and other businesses, taking steps now to train key staff on how to effectively complete a customs declaration through Revenue’s Automated Entry Processing (AEP) system helps pre-empt Brexit related customs challenges.
Supported by Getting Ireland Brexit Ready, the Clear Customs training programme, funded by Skillnet Ireland and delivered by CILT Skillnet, offers immediate and free customs training to Customs intermediaries, and to businesses who frequently trade with or through the UK.
In partnership with:
Clear Customs offers immediate and free customs training to customs intermediaries and to businesses who frequently trade with or through the UK.
- Free training programme
- 5-7 days of instructor-led training
- Delivered at locations nationwide
- Training provided via the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Skillnet
In order to ensure your business is Brexit ready, please register your interest in Clear Customs training below. For detailed information on the course, please view the course brochure.
Who is this for?
Will you need to expand your team and train more staff?
Are you currently exporting/importing significant levels of goods to/from the UK? Do you need to increase your ‘in-house’ capacity to process additional customs declarations?
Planning on exporting/importing?
Is your business planning for a significant level of trade to/from the UK? Are you looking to develop an ‘in-house’ capacity to process customs declarations?
Involved in Logistics?
Are you moving goods into or through the UK? Do you need to upskill your team to support clients in completing customs procedures correctly?
- The capability to complete import/export declarations via Customs Clearance Software
- The documentation requirements of the exporter/importer and an understanding where these fit within the customs clearance chain
- Develop an understanding of transit procedures (for using UK as Third Country land bridge)
- Learn about valuation and its relevance for completing customs declarations
- Develop knowledge of origin and its relevance for completing customs declarations
- Learn about the specific procedures unique to individual sectors
For more information on the course, please view the course brochure.
Availability of places
The demand we have received for this training initiative has been vast. We are currently running courses across the country but all are fully booked. At this time we are working on making more courses available and once you have registered your Expression of Interest below we will come back to you as and when we are able to offer more options. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.