Start date: 20 July 2021
Duration: Half Day (9:30am to 1.00pm)
Course code: 18889
This half-day course is for those who are new to exporting and importing, as well as those who have more experience and want to remain current on industry news.
This course will highlight the importance of correctly classifying your products from both a commercial and regulatory point of view. You will learn the consequences of using the product codes correctly, assisting in competitive and effective global trade.
The subsidised cost of the course is €225.
This course will be delivered by Trade Advisers
This course is suitable for anyone involved in exporting, importing, purchasing, sales/marketing, logistics, supply chain, customer service, credit managers, engineering, legal, customs brokers and freight forwarders.
Correctly classifying your products in order to trade internationally is important from a commercial and regulatory point of view. This classification course will highlight the main areas of concern to your business:
- What are commodity codes?
- Why are they important? E.g. finance, regulation.
- TARIC and the UK Global Tariff
- Some practical examples and participant engagement
- BTI and Advanced Tariff Rulings
After completing this course, you will have a better understanding of the following:
- What are customs commodity codes
- The commercial and regulatory importance of classification and commodity codes to my business
- How customs classification is directly linked to customs duty
- How to correctly classify your products
- What is BTI
A computer with internet access sufficient for live streaming is required.