Start date: Programme is ongoing. Start any time!
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Online through eLEARN
Certificate: CILT Skillnet Certificate of Completion
This course is for Transport managers, Logistics Supervisors, Commercial Drivers (Artic, Rigid, Coach Drivers) and Fleet Managers of commercial vehicles exceeding 3.5 tonnes.
The Digital Tachograph course is for persons who wish to become professional truck or bus drivers, and for those who are already qualified in the profession. This course will support professional bus and truck drivers have high standards of driving and road safety practices and that those standards are maintained throughout their driving careers.
It will describe the tachograph and outline the various activities which drivers must record when using it. It will also outline the duties and obligations of drivers in relation to using it.
The purpose of this training is to give drivers and managers an understanding of the functions and operations of the Digital Tachograph.
This self-paced course is delivered through eLEARN; CILT Skillnet's e-learning platform.
Learners will be enrolled on the course and emailed log in credentials within 2 working days of booking the course.
- Legal Responsibilities
- Enforcement and Penalties
- What is a driver card?
- How to use the driver card
- Operating the digital tachograph
- Time settings
- Manual entries
- Operating the Mode switch
- How to change paper
- Stolen, lost or defective driver cards
- Digital Tachograph Pictograms
- Producing and Analysing Printouts
- Digital Tachograph Data Analysis Software
- Mixed Driving (Analogue / Digital)
- Identify current EU and national legislation in relation to use and operation of tachographs to include requirements relating to driving times, breaks and rest periods, penalties for noncompliance with current legislation and driving hours, role and powers of an enforcement officer and procedural requirements if stopped by an enforcement officer.
- Describe the make, model, and features of the tachograph. Explain the use of manual entries.
- Recognise a range of symbols to include relevant EU standard of symbols and pictograms on individual tachograph units.
- Be aware of the security procedures to be followed for the safe use of the driver card and the procedure to be followed in the event of losing the driver card or the card malfunctions
- Know when printouts are required
- Be aware of downloading procedures to be followed in relation to individual tachograph unit, both electronically and in print format where required
There will be a multiple choice test after each unit to evaluate learning (multiple choice, multiple response, true/false, etc)