Start date: 29 September 2021
Duration: 9:30am - 1:00pm
Location: Online via Zoom
Certificate: Certificate of Completion
Course code: 19342
The current EU-UK Trade Cooperation Agreement has highlighted the complexity for Irish importers and exporters when trading with a third country. Increased customs interaction is fraught with many risks which have to managed by your organization. Customs compliance is central to this and is the responsibility of all business, even where you outsource your customs declarations and activities.
This global customs compliance workshop will take a practical approach to how you manage and monitor compliance risk within your organization. By reviewing key compliance functions such as operations, finance and regulatory, this course reviews the established theory and rules and looks at key online learning tools to help participants practically apply the course learnings to their organizations needs. It will cover all your key responsibilities in terms of customs compliance in your global supply; what you need to do and what your transport or customs partners need to do.
This course is delivered by Brian Murphy, Global Trade Ltd
This course is suitable for all businesses importing or exporting products to or from any third country.
The course is suitable for management and operations teams from supply chain, customs and logistics, as well as finance teams and distributors of products who want to reduce customs duties exposure and ensure compliance with relevant customs laws.
- Demonstrate an understanding of core compliance areas of origin, classification and
- Apply customs compliance checks to your business and import/export paperwork
- Know how to prepare for a customs audit from Revenue
- Demonstrate an understanding your obligations to customs authorities when
outsourcing your customs activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of customs compliance from a strategic point of
view; what to outsource, what to keep in-house
The course content will deliver a solid understanding of the concept of customs compliance and risk, including the sources of customs risk by business function. The course covers a comprehensive and in-depth range of topics in customs compliance and regulation.
It will also look at very specific rules and processes in terms of compliance checks that allow
importers and exporters to navigate this sometimes-complex topic, in an organised and practical manner.
The course outline is as follows:
• EU Customs Law and Regulations
• International Customs Regulations
• Tariff Classification and understanding TARIC database
• Product Rules of Origin
• Customs Valuation
• Customs Declarations and Customs IT systems
• Customs Processes & Procedures
A computer with internet access sufficient for live streaming is required.