Start date: 19 May 2020
Duration: 6 Days over 10 weeks
Location: Irish Management Institute, Sandyford Road, Balally, Dublin 16 OR Online!
Certificate: Certificate in International Trade awarded by the Irish Exporters Association
Cost: €2800 (Non-subsidised price €3500)
Course code: 4433
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOULD COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS CONTINUE TO BE IN PLACE, THIS PROGRAMME WILL BE DELIVERED ONLINE.
The Certificate in International Trade awarded by the Irish Exporters Association was launched in 2019. It is the only course of its kind in Ireland to unite the practical and operational aspects of international trading. The Certificate is not academic, it aims to promote practical on the job learning, to meet the growing skillset required for anyone working in international trade operations and regulations and to understand the key issues affecting the industry.
Course Modules over 6 Days
Module 1: Incoterms & International Contracts
Tuesday 19th May
Module 2: Import Export Documentation & Procedures
Tuesday 2nd June
Module 3: Customs Regulations
Tuesday 16th June
Module 4: Tariff Codes & Classification
Tuesday 30th June
Module 5: Valuation and Origin
Tuesday 14th July
Module 6: Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
Tuesday 28th July
- Exporting and importing companies who wish to increase their knowledge and become more efficient in the evolving world of international trade
- Ambitious professionals and managers responsible for driving international trade and mitigate risk
- Anyone involved in trade and investment, finance, supply chain operations and compliance
- The export/import procedures for Irish and international markets.
- An understanding of the regulatory and non-regulatory documentation required for international trading to and from Ireland using the various modes of transport.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply their experience across the 6 modules covered in year 1: Import/Export Documentation & Procedures, Customs Regulations, Tariff Codes & Classification, Valuation & Origin, Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and Incoterms and International Contracts. Options to progress to advanced level (Year 2) followed by academic level (Year 3). The ability to apply knowledge in the workplace and identify gaps in procedures.
- The importance of understanding the ever-changing international trading environment and impact on Irish importers and exporters.
- The core practical skills required to trade internationally.
There are no specific requirements for this course.
A Certificate in International Trade is awarded by the Irish Exporters Association.