Start date: 17 May 2021
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Location: Online via Zoom
Certificate: Certificate of Completion from FTA Ireland
Course code: 18055
This course is aimed at managers, supervisors and transport planners involved with transport operations in the private and public sector. This training course is designed to help managers, supervisors and administrative staff understand the driving and working time rules that govern commercial/passenger vehicle drivers. It explains the rules regarding driving time, break and rest periods
It is also ideal for anyone who wishes to update their transport legislation knowledge to the latest standards; and those who are committing to their continued professional development as a transport professional.
The subsidised cost of this programme is €135
The programme will be delivered remotely through Zoom.
The course provider, FTA Ireland, will contact participants with the link to the course.
The course is aimed at managers and supervisors, and transport planners involved with transport operations in the private and public sector.
Following this training participants should have:
- Increased confidence when having complex discussions with drivers and/or managers relating to drivers’ hours rules
- Peace of mind that you are operating legally
- Knowledge about where to find the answers to complex issues or operational anomalies
- Legislation on EU Drivers’ Hours
- Working Time Regulations
- Road Traffic Act
- Employer and driver obligations
- Written records for drivers exempt from EU Rules
- Best practice for monitoring compliance
- Analysis and problem solving
- Management of analogue and digital tachograph
- Practical demonstration using tachograph simulator videos
This is a virtual course delivered by FTA Ireland via Zoom.
The course will take place over 2.5 hours.
There will be a quiz at the end of the course consisting of multiple-choice questions based on the material in the course.
This training is delivered online via Zoom.
In order to participate fully and enable us to provide proof of learning all course attendees must download the free Turning Point app before the training commences – free download from the Google play store or apple store.
This is used for the course evaluation and course feedback.
Once installed as the training begins, the trainer explains how it works in tandem with the training and how to log in using the app i.e. when prompted type in the “session ID” (provided when the course starts), your first name, surname.
All certificates will be issued by FTA Ireland.