Start date: Programme is ongoing. Start any time!
Duration: 200 Hours Approx (Online + 1 day Practical Workshop/Assessment)
Certificate: QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award - 30 Credits & CPD Certificate
Course code: 13925
Take your career to the next level, with this comprehensive and globally recognised Train the Trainer package - Certified by QQI & CPD!
Learn to deliver training that is memorable, lively, interactive and effective, helping you become a trainer that makes a difference.
This media-rich, interactive training programme is written, designed and delivered by trainers who will work with you step by step throughout the training.
This QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award (6S3372) is made up of the following Component Certificates:
1. Training Needs Identification and Design (6N3325)
2. Training Delivery and Evaluation (6N3326)
The 1-day Practical Workshop & Assessment is normally held in Dublin or Waterford but may be held virtually should COVID-19 restrictions necessitate.
The retail cost of this package is €778
This training package is delivered by Training for Success.
If you wish to book a number of places on this training package for your company please contact us at [email protected]
- Newly Appointed Trainers
- On the Job Trainers
- Team Leaders
- Staff involved in Administration, Delivery, Design and Assessment
- Those who are planning a career in Training and Development
- Trainers who need to up-skill and gain a formal National Qualification
- Those who need credit towards another QQI Certificate i.e. Business, Administration etc.
By the end of this training package, learners will be able to:
- Conduct an effective Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Design engaging training course material that accelerates the learning process.
- Design, deliver and evaluate interactive training content that accelerates the learning process.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills while interacting with their learners.
- Use powerful questioning techniques to promote learner participation.
- Work effectively with a range of learner groups.
Theories of Training and Adult Learning
- Apply principles of adult learning in a training situation
- Compare and contrast concepts of training and education
- Explore key principles and methodologies which underpin adult learning of learning styles, learning outcomes and essential techniques
- Evaluate the approaches of different adult learning theorists i.e. Knowles, Kolb, Honey and Mumford etc.
- Assess the contribution of theorists to the psychology of learning
The Role of the Trainer
- Identify ways of getting your learners into a receptive state for learning
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Deliver the training at the right pace
- Balance distribution of content
- Identify ways to keep the Learners interested
- Outline the key responsibilities of a Facilitator/Co-Facilitator
- Identify the reasons why Trainers need to ask the right questions
- Identify five key components of creating questions
- Use a variety of question techniques to handle questions in a training environment
- Use accepted techniques to increase learner participation
- Identify methods that you would use to handle a selection of behaviour types
- Explain the Coaching Concept
Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design
- Identify the different stages of the Training Cycle
- Analyse a Training Need
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of completing a Training Needs Analysis
- Outline the 4 steps used to perform a Training Needs Analysis
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis
- Outline the 3 components of a Training Programme
- Compile a list of Learning Objectives (Outcomes)
- Justify how Learning Objectives can be used to evaluate learning effectiveness
- Design Learning programmes relevant to the identified needs of the Learners
- Write for your Learners
Preparing for Training and Delivery
- Plan the Delivery of a Training Session
- Prepare appropriate training methods for each element of the training session
- Produce exercises/activities for use within a training session
- Prepare and demonstrate the use of visuals aids in line with best practices
- Assess a range of Instructional System Design (ISD) models
Delivery and Assessment
- Establish, promote and maintain a positive learning culture
- Demonstrate effective listening and feedback skills
- Demonstrate techniques designed to conceal the nerves
- Improve the learning efficiency of the learners
- Select the best training room configuration to suit the group
- Evaluate a range of assessment and delivery methods
Evaluation of Training
- Evaluate a Training Programme
- Evaluate a Learner Programme against Learning Objectives
- Gather input from Learners on Programme Effectiveness
- Identify opportunities for improvement of delivery
- Prepare a Programme Improvement Plan
There are no specific pre-course requirements for this training.
QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award:
Training Needs Identification & Design
Assignment 1 – 15%
Assignment 2 – 50%
Project – 35%
Training Delivery and & Evaluation
Project – 40%
Skills Demonstration – 40%
Learner Records – 20%
The grading scheme is as follows:
• Pass – 50% -64%
• Merit – 65% – 79%
• Distinction – 80%- 100%
Candidates must have an Irish PPS number or a UK National Insurance number to receive a QQI Certificate.
In addition to the QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award, a CPD Certificate will also be award